Our Mission: Making Education Affordable
This video explains HESAA's work and it's
partnership with the financial aid community
HESAA, the Higher Education Student Assistance Authority, is the only New Jersey state agency with the sole mission of providing students and families with financial and informational resources for students to pursue their education beyond high school.
A brief list of our programs and services appears below. For more information, please see our Annual Report.
- The New Jersey Tuition Aid Grant (TAG)
- Part-time TAG for County College Students
- The Governor’s Urban Scholarship Program
- The Governor's Industry Vocations Scholarship (NJ-GIVS)
- New Jersey Student Tuition Assistance Reward Scholarship (NJ STARS and NJ STARS II)
New Jersey’s 529 college savings plan
- The New Jersey Better Education Savings Trust (NJBEST)
New Jersey’s supplemental student loan program
- New Jersey College Loans to Assist State Students (NJCLASS)
State and federal loan redemption programs
Statewide outreach sessions to raise awareness of federal and state financial aid programs
Training sessions for New Jersey high school counselors and college financial aid administrators
Publications, including the "State and Federal Financial Aid for Undergraduate and Graduate Students"
Services federal student loans in its role as a federal guaranty agency; and ensures that its programs are conducted in compliance with federal and state laws, and supports higher education funding through its participation in state and federal advocacy efforts.