Seminars and Training
The New Jersey Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (HESAA) is pleased to announce new Training Sessions in our ongoing series of training events. These sessions are intended to offer the most up-to-date information financial aid professionals will need as we progress through the academic year. All sessions are free of charge to staff at institutions of higher education.
Managing Your Management Review
This session is designed for Managers who will serve as the campus “point person” when a State Management Review is scheduled. Pick up tips you can implement now so that your management review is successful and stress free. Please invite your bursar, student accounts and fiscal officers to join you at this session.
New aid professionals have a lot to learn which takes time – a scarce resource in our aid offices today. This session is designed to provide training on State aid programs and processes for new financial aid administrators or those new to State aid processing.
- To acquaint new FAAs with HESAA’s regulations, policies and procedures
- To familiarize FAAs with the use of the web-based e-Administrator and online State roster certification procedures
- To review the NJCLASS loan process from applying online to the delivery of funds, including the new Truth In Lending (TILA) requirements
State Grant & Scholarship Funds Reconciliation
After all is said and done, State aid dollars must be reconciled. This session is designed to help financial aid administrators, bursars and business officers understand the process. Discussions will include methods of streamlining the required State “term by term” and annual “student by student” reconciliation requirements.
- To learn what your institutional responsibilities are for reconciling State funds
- To identify shortcuts that eliminate reviewing the same student records multiple times
- To interact with colleagues who use the same financial aid management system (FAMS)
In order to register for a session, email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your space. Directions, parking instructions and exact room locations will be provided in your confirmation email.