Edward J. Bloustein Distinguished Scholars Program
The highest achieving high school students are selected as Edward J. Bloustein Distinguished Scholars. Students are selected on the basis of a combination of class rank and SAT scores. Program participation is limited to renewal students.
Annual awards up to $1,000 are available for qualified students. The scholarship is renewable annually based upon continued eligibility and available funding.
Eligibility is not based on need. The scholarship recognizes academic achievement of New Jersey high school seniors.
- Demonstrate academic achievement based upon secondary school records and SAT scores at the end of his/her junior year, as follows:
- Class rank of one, two or three in their class and rank within the top ten (10.0) percent of their class at the end of their junior year
- Class rank within the top ten (10.0) percent of their class at the end of the junior year with combined critical reading and math SAT scores of 1260 or higher at the end of the junior year
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be a permanent New Jersey resident for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to enrollment
- Be registered with Selective Service (if required)
- Be enrolled full-time in an approved degree or certificate program
- Attend an approved New Jersey college, university or degree-granting proprietary school
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress to qualify for renewal
How Do I Apply
Participation is limited to renewal students
Students must attend an approved New Jersey college, university or degree-granting proprietary school.
Please click on the link to view the "List of Approved Colleges and Universities".
NJ County Colleges
NJ Four-Year Public Colleges and Universities
NJ Private Colleges and Universities
NJ Proprietary Degree-Granting Schools
Need Additional Information?
Call our Customer Care Center: 609-584-4480
Monday thru Thursday 8:00 am until 8:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am until 5:00 pm